Sunday, October 30, 2011

Everypony Loves Creative Grooming!

This has almost nothing to do with cats. Last week I was watching the new episode of My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic. Since I was a little girl in the 80s, My Little Ponies was the crux of my childhood and I'm thrilled at how fantastic MLP:FiM is.

What does this little tidbit have to do with anything, and how does it relate to cats? Good question!


I spotted this pony, whose costume reminds me of...


Mr Toes!!!!


Oh noes, Mr Toes...how do these things happen to you?



Why one should wait to swim after eating



The Mr Toes/Shark groom was my first attempt at creative grooming, ever. I had never tried my hand at creative styling, I had never clipped Mr Toes and I definitely didn't practice this groom at all before driving up to Intergroom and competing. I had less than a week to come up with an idea, find a cat and gather materials. I'm happy to say my skills have increased substantially since then! I'd like to redo this and have my shark more like a shark and less like a sting ray...

Anyway. I was pretty excited when I saw the random background pony costume. I'm sure they didn't do it was tribute to Mr Toes, but I'm going to pretend they did. If you all would like to pretend too, that's ok with me. Mr Toes just wants some catnip and some feet to rub against.




No comments:

Post a Comment