Friday, October 7, 2011

Back to Work

I had a plan. It was glorious. It would have taken care of my blogging problems, made me feel useful and been a good use of my time. Recently my husband got sent to Chicago for a conference. I got to go with him. Apparently this is how my family vacations. Anyway, my plan was to go to Chicago, hang out in a fancy hotel, watch tv, edit all those pictures I have and write a bunch of blog posts.


this cat is totally correct


While I managed to watch tv (we don't have tv at home, so this was exciting for me) and hang out in a nice hotel (a Westin, snazzy!), I didn't edit one picture. I didn't write anything. I didn't even really think about it. Being productive got ditched as soon as I realized that our hotel was right next to the Des Plaines River Trail. And that's where I spent most of my time. The weather was gorgeous. Sunny, warm, perfect for being outside. I ended up with some blisters and a bit of sunburn. I got to see ducks, snakes, a bunch of dogs and even a couple of horses!

Of course, after 3 days of perfect early fall weather in Illinois, I came back to Maryland, where we're having a series of perfect, early fall days. So instead of coming home and getting some work done, I've been walking on the equestrian trails, visiting my horses (who are already fuzzy for winter) and generally reveling in my
favorite season.


Fall is fun!

Today I did manage to get some editing done and soon I'll have a real post about cat grooming for you. Promise!


so halp me Ceiling Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment