Friday, June 17, 2011

Maybe She's Born With It...


Maybe it's Maybelline!

I know, I know! I'm so funny. This is Maybelline, an itty bitty, teeny weeny Himalayan that is adorable! I love her. 

As you can see from the picture above, she was in rough shape when she came to see me. I had already talked to her owner and knew she really, really, really didn't want a Lion Clip. I also knew Maybelline hadn't been groomed in something like 5 months. Maybe more, I don't remember. A long time! I recommend that long hair cats kept in Full Coat be groomed at least every 8 weeks, if not more frequently. 

But anyway. She was matted, but not pelted. There's a variety of ways mats are formed and different types of matting. For groomers, mats are like the proverbial Eskimos and names for snow. Luckily, Maybelline's mats were more of a loose webbing, with very few close to the skin. It would take some effort, but not impossible. And it wouldn't be painful, or take a long time.

face needs some attention!

Not every matted cat needs to be shaved. Not every matted cat can be brushed out. It depends on the type of matting and the cat's tolerance for grooming, as well as their physical condition. It's important to judge "dematting" on a case to case basis. Dematting can refer to the brushing as well as clipping out mats. 

Happily for her owner, I have been well trained in the art of cat grooming, use the best products, the best tools, have the best knowledge and a good bit of talent. And happily for Maybelline, that means a quick, painless, stress free way to groom. 

The WOW Factor!

don't let the grumpy face fool you,
Maybelline is feeling, and looking, much better 

I wish I had taken more pictures. They may be worth a thousand words, but it can't compare to getting to experience a freshly groomed cat in person. Since Maybelline's owner is actually a co worker, you bet I carried her (Maybelline, not her owner!) around to show her off! Everyone was amazed, especially the girls that saw her before she was groomed. 

Of course, carrying her about the building to show her off meant a few extra minutes to cuddle. Sometimes...I love my job!

 
one last look:
the side by side before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment