Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introspective

Recently I've noticed many of my favorite bloggers are posting about personal struggles. It seems a lot of people right now are going through some type of distress. I've read everything from a random bout of sadness to intense burnout. Stories of 'oh my god, I can't believe I lived through that' to 'oh my god, how can I live through this?'



In a way, it's comforting to know that everyone else has struggles and triumphs and fears and dreams. And that it's not just me. I try to maintain a fairly up beat, but neutral, tone here at The Finical Feline. But ask anyone that knows me - even a little - I am not a neutral person. And right now, I too have my own struggles, dramas and fears. 




I was very, very upset this week. A client treated me incredibly poorly. The two cats I groomed today were especially difficult and I wasn't pleased with the final result. Several of my personal pets aren't doing well. There are changes I want to make, but I'm not even sure how to begin making them, let alone the viability of such choices. 




I'm not really sure where I was going with this. I guess I'm just trying to say be a little kinder to those you interact with. Things are tough all around. And you never know who's going through an especially hard time. And I know it's hard sometimes to smile at someone instead of ignoring them. Or to explain something - yet again - instead of yelling or being snarky. Oh, man is it hard! But maybe a cheery 'good morning!' will make their entire day. Or taking a second to thank someone honestly (not sarcastically) will soften your day and make it just a little bit better. Give it a try. I'll try, too. It might be hard for both of us, but, just maybe, it will get easier. 



There are bad things in the world. There's no getting away from that. 
But that doesn't mean nothing can be done about them. You can't abandon life just because it's scary, and just because sometimes you get hurt. 
-Harry Dresden, Turn Coat






No comments:

Post a Comment